Tuesday 22 March 2016

Team Training for March ...

Welcome to our March edition of Team Training brought to you this month by team member, Phillis Walrath.

Each month one of our team will inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits.


What can you do with string?  by Phillis Walrath

I usually use string or embroidery floss on my pages as an accent and to add to some depth to my page.  I just lay it down in a swirly line and then staple it down, like I did in my March page.  Today I want to show you how you can use it to make an cardboard embellishment  have more pizazz or make it the color you want for you page.


I started with this cardboard flower that I have never used because the stripes on it didn't fit with my other designs on my pages.  I had it marked to go in the trash, when I thought about how I could transform it to a different color.


I used this green floss to cover up the flower.  I attached some adhesive to the back of the flower and then began twirling the green around the flower.


I continued covering the flower with the green string.  I applied some adhesive on the ends of the petals to help the green staring stay in place.


Once it was covered completely in green I weaved some of the string into the other string on the back of the flower.  Since the flower was very fat I applied it to my LO with adhesive dots 


Here is my finished layout.


Thanks Phillis, what a great way to use up some of your string stash.

Don't forget to have your entry in for our challenge this month.  Some lovely prizes on offer - one prize by vote, another completely by random draw and a guest designer spot with RAK to offer one lucky entrant.  You have until 11.55 on the final day of the month to have your submission linked.







1 comment: